The benefits of grapefruit
- Category : Healthy
- 4385 Views
Grapefruit is a citrus composed of 90% water and has a lower number of calories than other citrus fruits such as orange, tangerine and lemon.
Thanks to its therapeutic attributes, grapefruit has many benefits and properties, as shown below:
- It is an important source of vitamin C, beta-carotene and bioflavonoids and also contains small amounts of vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and E. It is a highly recommended for cancer prevention fruit.
- It is beneficial to introduce the grapefruit in the diet to prevent cardiovascular disease. With just eat one day bad cholesterol levels are reduced by 15.5%.
- Taking grapefruit, either piece of fruit and juice, increases the body's defenses, preventing diseases attacking the immune system (infections, colds, etc.).
- The fresh and natural grapefruit, favors good digestion and urinary system.
- Help support the metabolism of fat and also cleanses the liver.
- It gives the skin a healthy and radiant.
- It is very effective against varicose veins because it improves blood circulation and also strengthen capillaries, gives elasticity to the arterial walls.
- It helps to better absorb iron from food and thus helps to combat anemia.
- Combat hypertension, diabetes, hypoglycemia and some eye diseases.